Sunil Gavaskar to head BCCI during IPL 2014 Season 7
Formar Indian Captain Sunil Manohar Gavaskar will head BCCI during 2014 Indian Premier League Season 7 as proposed by the Indian Supreme Court. Board’s senior-most vice-president Shivlal Yadav will take care of non-IPL functions.
“I am deeply humbled and honoured that the Honourable Supreme Court of India has entrusted me with the job of being the interim president of the BCCI till the end of IPL 7,” Gavaskar said. “Like with my cricket, I will give it my best shot.”
Dual roles in BCCI/IPL and India Cements
- N Srinivasan – BCCI president; managing director and vice-president, India Cements
- Kasi Viswanathan – part of BCCI sub-committees; retired as cost department head, India Cements
- Prasanna Kannan – IPL chief financial officer; former India Cements employee
- PB Srinivasan – IPL financial consultant; internal auditor, India Cements
- L Sivaramakrishnan – Nominated by BCCI to ICC Cricket Committee; India Cements employee
- MA Satish – Indian team’s logistics manager; India Cements employee
- PS Raman – legal consultant, BCCI and TNCA; legal consultant, India Cements
- S Sharath – match official in domestic cricket, said to be scouting talent for Chennai Super Kings recently; India Cements employee
- T Karunamurthy, M Gopal – former first-class players and now BCCI match officials; India Cements employees
- George John – Works in BCCI president’s office;India Cements employee
Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals can play IPL 2014 Season 7
Supreme Court of India has allowed Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals to play in the seventh edition of IPL 2014 to save the pride of cricket. Now CSK and RR can play their all the scheduled matches in IPL 7.
India to bar two teams CSK & Rajasthan Royals from IPL Season 7
Supreme Court of India intends to bar the Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals from IPL season 7 Cricket Indian Premier League, which starts from 16th april 2014.
Chennai Super Kings is winner of IPL 2010 and IPL 2011 seasons. Rajasthan Royals currently captained by Australia’s all-rounder Shane Watson.
The judges have been examining a report it commissioned into wrongdoing in last year’s edition of the annual Twenty20 tournament.
IPL scandal: Mahendra Singh Dhoni lied to inquiry panel, petitioner tells Supreme Court
Counsel for the petitioner, Harish Salve, has alleged that Mahendra Singh Dhoni made a false statement before an inquiry committee appointed by the Supreme Court.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni is also employed by India Cements as a vice-president. Srinivasan is the Managing Director of India Cements, which also owns Chennai Super Kings. Dhoni thus faces charges of “conflict of interest.” (Srinivasan will step aside, BCCI’s offer to Supreme Court)
Total 514 players will go under the auction hammer in IPL 2014 season 7 – 219 capped (169 Indian and 50 overseas) and 292 uncapped (255 Indian and 37 overseas). For the first time, the uncapped players are also going to be up for grabs in the auctions.
All franchises were eyeing several big names for purchase on Day 1 of the Indian Premier League (IPL) auction. Top Srilankan players Angelo Mathews, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Mahela Jayawardene surprisingly went unsold on day one of the IPL 2014 auction. Kings XI Punjab include players like Mitchell Johnson, Virender Sehwag. They also signed Australia T20 captain George Bailey for a mere Rs 3.25 crore.
Teamwise auctioned players list
- Chennai Super Kings
- Delhi Daredevils
- Kings XI Punjab
- Kolkata Knight Riders
- Mumbai Indians
- Rajasthan Royals
- Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Sunrisers Hyderabad